So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him.
Jesus defied the Sabbath rules of His day by performing miracles of healing. These miracles were a direct challenge to the rabbinical restrictions.
Here is a list of Jesus' Sabbath miracles of healing. Note that none of the people He healed qualified for the "mortal danger" exception:
- The man with a demon (Mark 1:21-26)
- Peter's mother-in-law (Luke 4:38-39)
- The man with a withered hand (Matthew 12:9-13)
- The bent-over woman (Luke 13:10-16)
- The man with dropsy (Luke 14:1-5)
- The crippled man at the Pool of Bethesda (John 5:5-9)
- The man born blind (John 9:1-14)
|Previous||Current Page: Sabbath Miracles||Next|